Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Redecorating

I've decided it's time to shake things up a bit. My decor, though it has been added to here and there, has been basically the same for quite some time. I love the look of red accents in the home. Along with some sage green and some warm yellows, my home has been cozy and colorful for some time now. BUT, I was ready for something new and fresh. Along with that, I have been more and more drawn to pieces of furniture with some history. Inspired by fun and funky Victorian sofas I had seen online, I started a Craigs List hunt for a piece i could redo. Along the journey, I found out how expensive it would be to hire a reupholsterer. So it became necessary to find one that I wouldn't HAVE to redo immediately. Something I could live with as-is until I get the courage, time, and money for fabric to recover it myself- hopefully with my Mom's assistance. I think I found a beaut.





2 comments:

Erin said...

Holy cow! Great find Molly!

Unknown said...

Amazing! I LOVE it! Can't wait to see what you do with it when you are able to. So fun!