Monday, December 19, 2011

Favorite Christmas Stories

I've posted on my Christmas blog about some of our family's favorite Christmas stories, but I thought I'd make a list here as well of some of our favorites. My husband thought I was a little cuckoo when I wrapped up several of the Christmas books we already owned and put them under our living room tree. The idea was to open one each night and read it together. I also wrapped two brand new ones so there would be a couple mixed in that would be a fun surprise. Despite Lincoln's doubts, the kids have really enjoyed this. Here are some of the stories we have read together:

What Think Ye of Christmas by Esther Rasband


Stopping By Woods on a Snowy Evening by Robert Frost illustrated by Susan Jeffers


Christmas Day in the Morning by Pearl S. Buck


The Very First Christmas by Paul L. Maier


Paul's Christmas Birthday by Carol Carrick


Moosletoe by Margie Palatini


Father Christmas and the Donkey by Elizabeth Clark


The Christmas Miracle of Jonathan Toomey by Susan Wojciechowski

A Christmas Prayer by Rian Anderson

(Sorry, this is the link to the Kindle book. It is also available in hardcover.)

Cranberry Christmas by Wende and Harry Devlin

(I LOVE this writer/illustrator husband and wife team!)
The Best Christmas Pageant Ever by Barbara Robinson

(A classic! So funny and heartwarming. We *big heart* love this book!)

My very favorite is Christmas Day in the Morning, but all of these rank up there on our favorites list. We have tons more than this, but these are the must-reads as a family.

No comments: