Friday, September 17, 2010

Fall is my Fav




So fall is in the air. I LOVE fall. Like, big ol' heart LOOVE fall. Lincoln and I got married in the fall because of our mutual adoration for the season. I've been putting out the fall decor a little at a time, though I usually do it as soon as the kids are back in school.


This year I have felt like I had a lot of stuff I wanted to get done around the house before I got it out. So as I check something off my list I let myself do a little more. But I think it's time to just get it done now. As I was getting stuff out, I came across this banner I made last fall and I thought I'd share it here.



I used yummy textural items like felt, raffia, and twine.


The cutting and stitching was a little time consuming, but I love how it turned out.

This year I decided to display it in my mudroom on my storage bench- an antique Craig's List find. I love my bench. I was looking for a storage bench for the mudroom, but I didn't want something that looked like everybody else's mudroom storage benches. I fell in love with this old piece, repurposed from an old bed, I'm assuming. I think it had been stored in a barn or something, it was pretty dirty when I got it. But I love it and love that it's one of a kind.

No comments: