Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Chocolate Chocolate Chocolate

I happen to love chocolate. So when I'm making a cake for someone, if they don't specifically request something else, chocolate is my default. This first cake I made for a friend's birthday. She told me she liked chocolate and raspberry. So- deep, dark, chocolate cake with yellow raspberry filling, chocolate buttercream, and chocolate chips. I did this one pretty quickly and just used fondant I had on hand, which is why I made another brown and pink cake. But I love that combination, so I might have made it that way anyway! This was my first attempt at this rose techinique.






And here is Devon's birthday cake. He requested Lego Indiana Jones. I wish I had covered the cake board, but I was being a little lazy.


1 comment:

Tara@JustDevineStyle said...

The cakes look GREAT! My son would kill for an Indiana Jones Cake. How fun! You are very talented!