Friday, March 2, 2012

More Bathroom

Today I want to share another bit of the bathroom with you. This project included more barn wood and some Mason jars. Actually I think they are Ball jars, but you know what I mean. I saw this idea on Pinterest. The picture I pinned was so cute, but I knew it would have to be changed up a bit to work in our bathroom.

(click for source)
We don't have a lot of available wall space---other than over the toilet. Who wants to hang their toothbrush right over the toilet? Not me! So I knew I couldn't make a bunch of these side by side for the kids. Our toothbrush storage solution up to this point has been a plastic bathroom caddy. They just toss them in there, half the time without rinsing them very well. The entire caddy is always covered in toothpaste. It is absolutely disgusting and I will spare you the before picture. This seemed like a good solution. Everyone has their own jar and they are very easy to slide out and wash. So here is what I did.



I used another barn board and five of my wide mouth canning jars to make one long storage board. This has to be crammed in under the towel bar and the outlet, just off the counter. I needed it to be low enough that my youngest could reach it easily. It makes the counter a bit cluttered, but I like that it works with the new barn board frame.

Another look:


I'm having lots of fun with this!

No comments: